Heart of the Shepherd at Shepherd's Cross
- Heart of the Shepherd is the Christian Public Non-Profit (501-C3) headquartered at Shepherd's Cross
- Founded by Mr. Peter and Dr. Diane Dickinson in 1991
- The mission of Heart of the Shepherd is to teach people locally, nationally, and internationally basic sustainable agricultural principles, and Biblical agricultural relationships.
- The organization is overseen by a governing board of directors
- Heart of the Shepherd was formed to perform two objectives that will positively influence society within the community, beyond the community, and in third world countries.
- To share the gospel of Jesus Christ as it relates to agriculture , and in so doing, impact the spiritual, and emotional well being of not only those individuals that receive the training, but also their families and communities.
- To facilitate training in agricultural and other business ventures, that will allow individuals to ultimately implement skills that can improve their quality of life for them and their households. In many cases, under privileged individuals have been displaced, and have no “trade” by means of which to sustain their livelihoods. We want to enable trained individuals to be qualified, and to excel in agricultural and other related business venues.